Thursday, March 25, 2010

Savasana 6.3- 6.5

Savasana 6.3
I fell asleep during this one too and had a really cool dream about my mom and being a kid. When I awoke I noticed my digestion seemed to be working. {Sorry for details, but I was in need of some "movement" in that area and was surprised that it happened after lying down}

Savasana 6.4
I did it earlier because it was Saturday and I didn't want to fall asleep again. I was enjoying the snow day but I was frustrated and worried about a show I was having that evening that I figured would likely have low-turnout. I spent most of my disk cleanse skanning over the work I would perform and thoughts about snow and bears.

Savasana 6.5
Sunday, I did my savasana early before the kids woke up. I started with asanas, reviewed forward bends, and then did some seated meditation in the style I had learned in the Vipassana. I have noticed that I have been using the Savasana for my meditation time and usually incorporate the apana breathing techniques and the "noticing my sensations" technique from the Vipassana. Corpse Pose is definitely more enjoyable, though I would like to get to where I do both as I feel like I need the sitting practice too. Before lying down, I read some spiritual text and then tried to keep my Disk Cleans Bliss Pose centered in Gratitude. This was definitely the most refreshing session I have had. I did notice some fear come up when I started thinking about teaching Forward Bends. I am still not allowing the idea of ME being a yoga teacher. I was joking with Joan, while she was doing my hair the other day, it seems I can perform in front of hundreds of people but I am scared to death to teach yoga to one person. It is funny to look at our comfort zones. I was glad it came up during the savasana though because it allowed me to just acknowledge it and release it.

No comments: